Thursday, May 24, 2007

Maybe I'm not such an idiot after all...

I finally got my powerbook back! Yay!

Even nicer is that my boss in on vacation this week, meaning the workplace is more peaceful for me. It's also given me a chance to get caught up on some miscellaneous tasks at work. Once I crash for my four hours of sleep before heading back to work (really, kids, don't get a job where you work part of the week on a late shift and then turn right around and do an early shift the rest of the week--it really sucks!), I'll find myself going to work to play round with CentOS 4 in a virtual machine (VMWare player is a godsend at times, especially when you work with someone who has access to Workstation to create the virtual machines you need for testing purposes).

I know someone will inevitably want to point out that CentOS 5 is released. I'm well aware of this, but I haven't yet had the chance to nitpick CentOS 5 and get a setup script to customize it directly to our needs. Until I can do those two things, it's largely useless for us (no offense intended to anyone involved in the project!).

Now if I could just con my boss into installing rxvt-unicode termcap stuff on the UNIX box and letting me run Linux on my work machine...